If you are on an old version of Sage 50 or Sage Instant and you upgrade to a newer version, you may not be able upgrade your data directly, the data has to upgraded through an intermediate version first.
Whether or not you can upgrade directly depends on the version of Sage you are on at the moment and the version you are upgrading to, as detailed below:
- v2016 (v22) can automatically upgrade data from v16 or later
- v2015 (v21) can automatically upgrade data from v15 or later
- v2014 (v20) can automatically upgrade data from v14 or later
- v2013 (v19) can automatically upgrade data from v13 or later
- v2012 (v18) can automatically upgrade data from v12 or later
- v2011 (v17) can automatically upgrade data from v11 or later
- v2010 (v16) can automatically upgrade data from v10 or later
If you don’t have an intermediate version available, we can do the upgrade for you. All we need is a backup of the data (data files only, which you can select on the Advanced Options tab of the backup screen) and, if there is one, the password for the MANAGER logon. We can accept backup files up to 40MB via email but, if your file is larger than that, you can upload the data to the likes of Dropbox or WeTransfer or contact us for details of our upload procedure.
We have a flat fee for this service of £50+VAT – for more information please contact us.
Any data sent to us will, of course, be treat in the strictest confidence and, once we’ve had confirmation from you that all is well and data has been restored on your system, all copies of your data are permanently deleted from our systems.
If you require us to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before dealing with your data, we are more than happy to do so.